- Classical Tap. Also going by the name flash or swing tap, classical tap was popularized through 20th century movies.
- Rhythm Tap. Tap dancing shoes create their own percussion on the floor.
- Musical (or Broadway) Tap.
- Funk Tap.
What is tap dance examples?
Tap dance is a form of dance characterized by using the sounds of tap shoes striking the floor as a form of percussion. Two major variations on tap dance exist: rhythm (jazz) tap and Broadway tap. Broadway tap focuses on dance; it is widely performed in musical theater.
Is tap dancing music?
Initially a fusion of British and West African musical and step-dance traditions in America, tap emerged in the southern United States in the 1700s. The Irish jig (a musical and dance form) and West African gioube (sacred and secular stepping dances) mutated into the American jig and juba.
What are the characteristics of tap dance?
Tap is a unique style of dance involving specific and rapid footwork. The dancer’s foot and shoe essentially act as a drum, and each part of the shoe makes a particular beat and sound.
What are some tap moves?
- A. Alexander (see Shirley Temple)
- B. Back Essence, Single. Back Essence, Double. Back Essence Variations.
- C. Chop Suey (see Shirley Temple) Chug.
- D. Dig (see Heel Dig. Double Time Steps.
- F. Flap, Single. Flap, Double.
- H. Heel Dig. Heel Dig Time Step, Double.
- I. Irish.
- J. Jump. Jump Click.
What is a hop in tap?
How to Do a Hop & Jump in Tap Dancing
What is a shuffle in tap dance?
Tap Dance: Shuffle
What is a brush in tap dance?
Brush Tap Dance Move Shown by Rod Howell at unitedtaps.com
Tap Dance Made Easy: KIDS – Sample Clip
R+P BRNO – Happy
Top 10 Tap Dance Scenes in Movies