- Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness.
- The Secrets Act by Alison Weatherby.
- The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham.
- Every Line of You by Naomi Gibson.
- Lionheart Girl by Yaba Badoe.
- Maladapted by Richard Kurti.
- Are You There God?
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen.
What reading do 9th graders take?
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds.
- Amos Fortune, Free Man by Elizabeth Yates.
- Nothing by Janne Teller.
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding.
- Catch-22 by Joseph Heller.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.
- The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger.
What is 9th grade literature?
Ninth Grade Literature and Composition is an overview of exemplar selections of literature in fiction and nonfiction genres. Students read short stories, poems, a full-length novel, and a full-length Shakespeare play, analyzing the use of elements of literature in developing character, plot, and theme.
What is the Lexile level for 9th grade?
|Grade||College & Career Ready “Stretch” Lexile Bands|
|8||1010L to 1185L|
|9||1050L to 1260L|
|10||1080L to 1335L|
|11 and 12||1185L to 1385L|
What is the most popular book for 9-year-olds?
- The Last Last-Day-of-Summer. Number One.
- Cilla Lee-Jenkins: Future Author Extraordinaire.
- Power Forward #1.
- Stella Díaz Has Something to Say.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon.
- Diary of a 6th Grade Ninja.
What age is Junie B Jones for?
These books say they are for 6-9 year olds, ages that can and do still believe!
What age group is the after book series for?
Runli Liang The writing is at the level where an 8 to 12 year old would read. But the abusive relationship, adult themes and other stuff makes it more like a 14+ appropriate book.
What books do you study in Year 8?
- Wink by Rob Harrell.
- Madame Doubtfire by Anne Fine.
- Liccle Bit by Alex Wheatle.
- Welcome to Nowhere by Elizabeth Laird.
- The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.
- Animal Farm by George Orwell and Chris Mould.
- Be Resilient by Nicola Morgan.
- Chinese Cinderella by Adeline Yen Mah.
What age is year 8 in UK?
|11 to 12||Year 7|
|12 to 13||Year 8|
|13 to 14||Year 9|
|14 to 15||Year 10||Some children take GCSEs|
What is taught Year 7 English?
Precise and imaginative vocabulary. Spelling common words correctly. Using correct punctuation in sentences and speech. Structure and presentation.
What should YEAR 8 be learning in English?
A child should understand how to organise information and ideas, using structural and grammatical features to support coherence and cohesion of texts. They should plan, draft, edit and proof-read through considering how their writing reflects the audience and purpose for which it was intended.
What do you read in English 9?
- To Kill a Mockingbird (Paperback) Harper Lee.
- The Odyssey (Paperback) Homer.
- Romeo and Juliet (Mass Market Paperback) William Shakespeare.
- Lord of the Flies (Paperback)
- Animal Farm (Mass Market Paperback)
- Great Expectations (Paperback)
- Jane Eyre (Paperback)
- Fahrenheit 451 (Kindle Edition)
9 BOOKS YOU NEED TO READ *tik tok made me read them
The 9 Books You Should Read Before You Turn 30 – YouTube
Build a reading list in Notion – YouTube