- 1920s: The Charleston.
- 1930s and 1940s: The Age of Swing.
- 1950s: Rockin’ and Boppin’
- 1960s: Twist and Shout.
- 1970s: Disco Inferno!
- 1980s: Walking on the Moon.
- 1990s:The Macarena.
- 2000s: Hip Hop Don’t Stop.
What dances became popular in the 1920s?
Basking in the optimism of a nation that escaped from the horrors of The Great War, dancers took to the floor sporting moves in styles such as the Shimmy, the Tango, the Waltz, the Foxtrot, and the Charleston.
What dance was popular in the 2010s?
“Harlem Shake” by Baauer – This song was the start of an ever expanding impact of viral internet dances. Not only were people of all ages recording and posting their own versions of dances, but celebrities began to participate in the fun.
What are the types of dance during the early 20th century?
- The 20th century brought about a change in social dances.
- Ragtime and jazz dance were both iconic dances of the 20th century.
- Swing dance had its connections to ragtime and jazz dance, which came before it, as well as rock and roll, which came after it.
What dance style is ragtime?
|The Ragtime Dance|
|Cover art for the 1906 sheet music|
|Genre||Ragtime Folk Ballet|
|Form||A Stop-Time Two Step|
|Published||1902 & 1906|
Popular Dances of the 2000s
Your Favorite 80’s Dances
Top 10 Dance Crazes of the 1970s