The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien – The Lord of the Rings reigns as one of the best fantasy series of all time. But if you’re not ready to tackle the entire trilogy (which clocks in at over a thousand pages), its prequel, The Hobbit, is a much easier place to be introduced to the world of Middle Earth.
What is the most read fantasy book?
- A Game Of Thrones by George RR Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire)
- The Colour Of Magic by Terry Pratchett (The Discworld Series)
- The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien.
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke.
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss (The Kingkiller Chronicle)
What is the biggest fantasy universe?
- 1 Middle-Earth (The Lord of the Rings)
- 2 Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (Harry Potter)
- 3 Asgard (Norse Mythology)
- 4 Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia)
- 5 Westeros (Game of Thrones)
- 6 Atlantis (Greek Mythology)
- 7 The Continent (The Witcher)
Is dune fantasy or science fiction?
Dune is a 1965 epic science fiction novel by American author Frank Herbert, originally published as two separate serials in Analog magazine.
What fantasy books should I read?
- The Night Circus.
- Neverwhere (Author’s Preferred Text)
- A Wizard of Earthsea (Earthsea Series #1)
- The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicle Series #1)
- Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children Series #1)
- The Library at Mount Char: A Novel.
- Tigana: Anniversary Edition.
Which book series has the most books?
Longest: The Guin Saga by Kaoru Kurimoto – This series written by Kurimoto and illustrated by Alexander O. Smith was originally planned to run 100 volumes, but grew to a 130+ volume anime comic with an additional 22 novels featuring side stories.
What is modern fantasy literature?
Modern fantasy has “story elements that violate the natural, physical laws of our known world—events akin to magic. Modern fantasy has known authors. Some miraculous elements found in modern fantasy are talking animals, imaginary worlds, fanciful characters, magical beings, and so on.
How do you start a fantasy book?
- Start with broad worldbuilding.
- Begin with unique place details.
- Launch into customs or culture.
- Start with a suspenseful prologue.
- Give helpful secondary sources.
- Dive into action.
Can I read the book of magic as a stand alone?
Although The Rules of Magic can be read as a stand alone, I strongly recommend reading Practical Magic first as it serves as a better introduction to the characters and storyline and drove me to read the prequel for answers.
Is Witch Haven a stand alone?
(Also, I thought this was going to be a standalone novel, but now that I’ve finished the book, I can’t see that there won’t be a sequel. Why are standalones so underrated?) In the end, The Witch Haven is a decent, but not extraordinary story.
Is it worth reading all the Wheel of Time?
Short answer: Yes. The first book is a decent read but it spends a lot of time introducing concepts that will not be fleshed out for quite some time. On the one hand, it is amazing to me how much of the series was already carefully thought out when he wrote it.
What should I watch if I like magic?
- Just Add Magic: Mystery City.
- The Mysterious Benedict Society.
- Gortimer Gibbon’s Life on Normal Street.
- The Bureau of Magical Things.
What should I read after the Wheel of Time?
- The Lord of the Rings by J RR Tolkien.
- Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon.
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson.
- Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb.
- The Rage of Dragons by Evan Winter.
Does fantasy have to have magic?
Can You Have Fantasy Without Magic? The simple answer to this question is: Yes, of course. The concept of fantasy books might be hard to define, but it doesn’t have to be. Fantasy is just things that are not real.
What books are like Game of Thrones?
Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Fantasy | 25+ Best Books For …
Beginner Fantasy Reading Recommendations! – YouTube
Best Fantasy Series For Beginners // Fantasy Starter Pack