- Watership Down, by Richard Adams (Macmillan)
- Jaws, by Peter Benchley (Doubleday)
- The Fan Club, by Irving Wallace (Simon & Schuster)
- The Snare of the Hunter, by Helen McInnes (Harcourt Brace)
- Cashelmara, by Susan Howatch (Simon & Schuster)
- Burr, by Gore Vidal (Random House)
What is the most sold fiction book ever?
- #1 – Don Quixote (500 million copies sold)
- #2 – A Tale of Two Cities (200 million copies sold)
- #3 – The Lord of the Rings (150 million copies sold)
- #4 – The Little Prince (142 million copies sold)
- #5 – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (107 million copies sold)
|Author||Min. estimated sales||Number of books|
|William Shakespeare||2 billion||42|
|Agatha Christie||2 billion||85|
|Barbara Cartland||500 million||723|
|Danielle Steel||500 million||179|
James Patterson is the world’s highest-paid author by a wide margin, and has been the world’s best-selling author since 2001. He has sold more than 350 million books worldwide, and is most famous for the “Alex Cross” crime novel series.
What is the second most read book in the world?
- The Holy Bible.
- The Holy Quran.
- The Harry Potter Series: J.K. Rowling.
- The Quotations From Chairman Mao Tse Tung.
- The Lord of the Rings.
- The Alchemist.
- The Diary of Anne Frank: Anne Frank.
- The Twilight SagA: Stephenie Meyer.
What is the most popular work of fiction?
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes 1605.
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens 1859.
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas 1814.
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien 1954.
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling 1997.
What is the most copied book in history?
He found that the Bible far outsold any other book, with a whopping 3.9 billion copies sold over the last 50 years. “Quotations from the Works of Mao Tse-tung” came in second with 820 million copies sold, and “Harry Potter” came in third with 400 million copies sold.
What is the most liked book in the world?
|SOURCE: NIELSEN BOOK SCAN|
|1||Da Vinci Code,The||Brown, Dan|
|2||Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows||Rowling, J.K.|
|3||Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone||Rowling, J.K.|
What was the biggest selling book of the last decade?
According to Nielsen BookScan data, the Fifty Shades series the top three-best selling books of the decade, with the first novel selling 15.2 million copies from 2010 to 2019. The Hunger Games (2008) was fourth (8.7 million copies) followed by The Help (2009) (8.7 million).
Which book became the UK’s best selling novel in this decade?
‘Fifty Shades of Grey‘ was the best-selling book of the decade.
What was the biggest selling book of the Noughties?
|1||ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE/EVERGREEN||2002|
|3||IT WASN’T ME||2000|
|4||(IS THIS THE WAY TO) AMARILLO||2005|
Which book was named as the best selling in the UK of the 2010s?
And whether enjoyed as a guilty pleasure or bible, Fifty Shades Of Grey captured the imaginations of so many readers that it has been named the bestselling book of the decade. The trilogy by EL James took first, second and third place in a list of the UK’s top 50 most popular books of the 2010s.
How many fiction books are sold?
|Year||Market Size (In Billions)|
What books are currently on the New York Times bestseller list?
- The Hotel Nantucket by Elin Hilderbrand.
- Sparring Partners by John Grisham.
- The House Across the Lake by Riley Sager.
- Escape by James Patterson and David Ellis.
- Lapvona by Otessa Moshfegh.
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
- The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave.
How To Write and Publish a Best Selling Book on AMAZON – Full Tutorial by 14 Times Published Author
Top 10 Self-Help Books of All Time (by number of copies sold)
JAWS audiobook full Audible books free audiobooks full length best sellers fiction