- Animal Farm – George Orwell.
- Confessions of Georgia Nicolson Series – Louise Rennison.
- The Harry Potter Series – J.K. Rowling.
- The Fault in our Stars – John Green.
- Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell.
- Children of Blood and Bone – Tomi Adeyemi.
- The Color Purple – Alice Walker.
Which book is best for 16-year-old?
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower. by Stephen Chbosky.
- Where Things Come Back. by John Corey Whaley.
- The Hate U Give. by Angie Thomas.
- More Happy Than Not. by Adam Silvera.
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. by Jesse Andrews.
- Salt to the Sea. by Ruta Sepetys.
- Down and Across.
What are good 18 year old books?
- Yes Please by Amy Poehler.
- Foreve r by Judy Blume.
- He’s Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo.
- Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells.
- Bossypants by Tina Fey.
- Divergent by Veronica Roth.
How can I get my teenager to read?
- Keep things real.
- Let your teen choose.
- Look for books at your teen’s reading level.
- Model reading.
- Discuss what your child reads.
- Resist the urge to criticize.
- Find a compelling series.
- Connect reading to your teen’s passion.
Can a teenager read a little life?
I would recommend this book only to those who can handle it and I would not suggest anyone under the age of 18 reading it. See A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara on Goodreads and purchase through Book Depository*.
How long should a 14 year old read daily?
While 15 to 20 minutes is the recommended amount of reading, it is important to note that, if your child is interested in and enjoying what she is reading, it is fine to encourage more time. However, we do not want children to become too tired.
How many books should a teenager read a year?
A Frequent reader, age 6-11, reads about 44 books per year, while an Infrequent reader reads only around 22. And that difference increases substantially as kids get older. Infrequent readers, age 12-17, only read 4.7 books a year. Note that the frequency of reading drops off heavily in the teen years.
7 BOOKS FOR TEEN GIRLS (and some for guys, too!)
book recommendations for tweens and teens! | 2020
The Best Books for Teens | #SSSVEDA Day 18