1. Knots and Crosses. The first Rebus book and a brilliant way to meet Ian Rankin as an author and although I will say the series improves as it goes along but you will not be disappointed by this.
What order should I read Ian Rankin books?
- Knots and Crosses (1987)
- Hide and Seek (1991)
- Tooth and Nail (1992)
- Strip Jack (1992)
- The Black Book (1993)
- Mortal Causes (1994)
- Let It Bleed (1996)
- Black and Blue (1997)
What rank is Rebus?
During the first Rebus novel, Knots and Crosses, Rebus is a detective sergeant, but is soon promoted to detective inspector. He turns down at least one further promotion in the following novels, remaining at the same level until retirement.
Who was best Rebus?
- PORTRAYAL. PORTRAYAL WINNER: KEN STOTT.
- DARKNESS. DARKNESS WINNER: JOHN HANNAH.
- DEPTH. DEPTH WINNER: JOHN HANNAH.
- FAITHFULNESS TO THE BOOKS. FAITHFULNESS TO THE BOOKS WINNER: KEN STOTT.
What is the order of the Rebus books?
Are Ian Rankin books any good?
Ian Rankin’s new book is In a House of Lies, featuring everyone’s favorite Scottish detective in his 22nd adventure. Twenty-two Rebus books—wrap your head around that! It’s an incredible feat. The Rebus novels are one of the most consistently wonderful detectives series, scoring amazing reviews every time.
Where is a song for the dark times set?
How many Rebus novels are there?
Inspector Rebus Books in Order (28 Book Series)
What has Ian Rankin written?
REBUS BOOKS IN ORDER – For more than thirty years novelist Ian Rankin has entertained and gripped us with stories of the maverick Detective Inspector Rebus, whose daily grind involves tackling Edinburgh’s grim underbelly. For Rebus, the city is just ‘a crime scene waiting to happen’.
5 reasons to read…Ian Rankin’s Rebus novels
Books of My Life – Ian Rankin
Rather Be the Devil | Reading by Ian Rankin #Rebus30