- 1 Stephen King62%
- 2 Stan Lee54%
- 3 J. K. Rowling54%
- 4 John Grisham50%
- 5 James Patterson44%
- 6 Dean Koontz41%
- 7 R. L. Stine40%
- 8 Anne Rice39%
- J. K. Rowling. J. K. Rowling is the penname for Joanne Rowling, the British author who is responsible for the Harry Potter series of books.
- Zadie Smith.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie.
- Elena Ferrante.
- George Saunders.
- Colson Whitehead.
- Jennifer Egan.
- Michael Chabon.
What’s the best novel in the past 25 years?
“Beloved,” by Toni Morrison, center, was chosen as the best American fiction of the last 25 years. Runners up were, from left: Philip Roth, Cormac McCarthy, John Updike and Don DeLillo.
What should I read in the 21st century?
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel.
- Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.
- Secondhand Time: The Last of the Soviets by Svetlana Alexievich.
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro.
- Austerlitz by W. G. Sebald.
- The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman.
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
What is the best selling book series of the 21st century?
Harry Potter series (Action and fantasy) – As of February 2018, the books which harbour the journey of the wizard by the name Harry Potter sold more than 500 million copies across the globe, making them the best-selling book series in history, and have also been translated into eighty languages.
What is the most favorite 21st century literary text?
- Michael Chabon, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay (2000)
- Jonathan Franzen, The Corrections (2001)
- Marilynne Robinson, Gilead (2004)
- Hilary Mantel, Wolf Hall (2009)
- Edward P Jones, The Known World (2003)
- Junot Díaz, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (2007)
- The runners-up.
What is 21st century novel?
The 21st century in literature refers to world literature produced during the 21st century. The measure of years is, for the purpose of this article, literature written from (roughly) the year 2001 to the present.
What year is 21st century?
The 21st century is the present century of the Gregorian calendar. It began on January 1, 2001 and will last to December 31, 2100, though common usage mistakenly believes January 1, 2000 to December 31, 2099 to hold this distinction.
Who is a contemporary writer?
Perhaps it might be more productive to define ‘contemporary’ as ‘an author that is still alive‘, or even ‘a twenty-first-century author’.
Paul Auster Interview: How I Became a Writer – YouTube
Top 10 Most Famous Authors – YouTube
The Best Writer is… Who are the BEST Writers of All Time?